Friday, March 2, 2018

Detective Young's Statement About the Surveillance Camera of the Red Pump Kitchen

I just now noticed in the transcript of the pretrial hearing of James Fields the following statement by Detective Steven Young about the Red Pump Kitchen's (RPK) surveillance camera that filmed a video that he showed during the hearing. The statement is on page 29, lines 13-17. Click on the image to enlarge it.

... if you can pause it [the RPK video]. This is 4th Street NE. Just south of here is the pedestrian mall, and what you're seeing now is a camera affixed to Red Pump Kitchen, facing the 100 block of 4th Street NE.
======

This causes a problem for me, because I have guessed that the camera covered roughly the following area.



My resolution of this problem is that I think Young meant to say that the restaurant -- not the camera -- faced the 100 block of Fourth Street.

However, Young indeed might have meant that the camera was pointed toward that 100 block. If so, then my guess about the camera's coverage is mistaken.

=======

Correction on March 3, 2018

At about 5:38 in the following video, SonofNewo shows where the RPK camera was mounted.

No comments: