Sunday, July 25, 2021

I've changed my mind about the Ashli Babbitt incident

During the past two weeks, I have published many posts arguing that Ashli Babbitt was not shot and killed in the Capitol building on January 6. Today I  watched three videos -- this and this and this -- that changed my opinion. I had not watched them until today. I have deleted my previous posts on the subject.










I now understand that the people in the lobby were not a select group of actors. 

I understand much better that people near the portal were breaking through the central doors and windows violently when Babbitt climbed up into the right window. 

Now I think that Babbitt indeed was shot and indeed did die. 

Anyone who has been convinced by the Wooz News video but has not watched the above three videos should watch them. Some such people might change their minds, as I have done.



Some aspects of the incident continue to puzzle me -- for example:

* The absence of blood splatter on the right wall and the small amount of blood on Babbitt immediately after the shooting.

* The decision by the four officials to move from the front of the portal to the right wall and then down the stairs.

* The ineffective actions of the SWAT guys.

However, I expect that such puzzling aspects eventually will be explained satisfactorily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I am glad to see that you have changed your mind. Many of us had seen the videos that showed the actual shooting - from even before Ashli Babbitt was boosted up on the man’s back. As for blood spatter, the consensus seems to be that it is often a Hollywood thing that does not necessarily occur in real life. In her case, she was (if I remember the medical examiner’s report correctly) shot in the front of her shoulder. A very small woman, wearing a rather thick backpack that covered her back, it is possible the shot was not through-and-through (the bullet lodged against a bone) or that the bullet exited into her backpack. The blood we saw streamed from her front. She had on a winter jacket, so that could have kept down any spatter from the front.

WoozNews’s owner is quite proud of his parodies of real news, in which he uses actual news or other footage and manipulates it to fit his narrative. He is very open about it…it’s what he does.

Mike Sylwester said...

That's a good explanation of the blood-splatter issue. I hope that an official explanation will be issued.